GREENHOUSE GEODESIC DOME 16 FT.
Description and History
Geodesic Domes were invented by R. Buckminster Fuller in the 1960’s, and are a revolutionary building structure with many advantages over conventional rectangular designs:
• 20% less materials to enclose a given space
• Short, manageable, lightweight, members allow for easy construction
and great portability
• The curved shape naturally deflects wind and sheds snow accumulation
Geodesic Domes have many uses- including greenhouses, swimming pool covers and car ports to name a few.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- You will receive complete modular 16 Ft.2v frequency Geodesic Dome Frame only. The Geo-dome easily bolts together with easy instructions. All screws and bolts included (zinc plated will not rust)
- Galvanized Steel 1/2″ frame
- Frequency of Dome- the higher the frequency number (2V) the stronger the geodesic dome frame
- Each Greenhouse is custom made to order average delivery time 3-5 days
Details and Specifications:
- Frame work- Galv. Steel 0.71 inchs (1/2″outside Diameter)
- Inside diameter of Dome – 16 Ft. (center to center)
- Door: All Vertical Adaptors for framework are included
- Center Height: 8 feet
- Number Of Sruts: approx 65
- Strut types Within Frame: 2
- Floor Area Sq. Ft.- 113
Easy to Assemble
Innovative design that allow you to construct it yourself, this saves you time and money. Can be assembled by one or two people in 1 day. Included are step by step assembly instructions, requires a wrench and pliers to assemble.
Advantages Over Conventional Designs
- Strength: Geodesic domes gain great strength by distributing loading through all structural memeers. Also, their naturally rounded shape directs wind around them, and allows snow to slide off.
- Cost: Geodesic domes often have more than double or even triple the floor space of conventional rectangular designs, for around half the price
- Portability: The light weight and relatively short length of each frame strut allow any dome kit to be divided up into bundles of manageable weight.
- Versatility: Any geodesic dome kit can have many uses, and may be easily converted into a structure that suits a different application
swimming pool cover in the winter and a greenhouse in the summer).
Shipping and Packaging
FREE SHIPPING – (does not include Alaska and HI. / International – please email for a quote.
The Geodesic Dome Greenhouse Lightweight construction means that all needed components for your Dome greenhouse will be shipped in 3 easy to handle cartons via UPS or FedEx Ground service!
Options For Your Dome – Call:800-853-0684
- Ventilation Fan and Shutter Kit available
- Woodmate Twin Panel Polycarbonate Door
- Solexx Cover 3.5mm and 5mm Cover
- Polycarbonate 10mm and 16mm Cover
- Fiberglass Doors with insulated windows
- Poly Marine Cover 7 mil. High quality ( must shrink wrap to frame)
IMPORTANT NOTES – Additional Options:
Framework is custom made to order We also offer other sizes-coming soon! Need a certain size? We will be happy to custom quote any size up to 60ft.
If you have any questions please give us a call 800-853-0684