GREENHOUSE GEODESIC DOME 16 FT.
Includes: Marine 7 Mil. Plastic Wrap Cover
Description and History Geodesic Domes were invented by R. Buckminster Fuller in the 1960’s, and are a revolutionary building structure with many advantages over conventional rectangular designs: • 20% less materials to enclose a given space • Short, manageable, lightweight, members allow for easy construction and great portability • The curved shape naturally deflects wind and sheds snow accumulation Geodesic Domes have many uses- including greenhouses, swimming pool covers and car ports to name a few. WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- You will receive complete modular frame work made of galvanized steel – (0.71 outside Diameter) to make a complete 3v 16 Ft. Dome Greenhouse. Frame work bolts together with easy instructions. All screws and bolts included (zinc plated will not rust)
- Framework Kit – Struts for door entrance
- Marine frosted Plastic Shrink Cover – High quality 7 mil. (You must shrink wrap cover to dome.) Very easy to do with a commercial shrink gun. (We loan them for your installation for a small fee of $150.00) damage deposit of $500 required. Any marine or storage company that shrink wraps can do this for you!
- Each Greenhouse is custom made to order – Please allow 21- 30 Working Days for this item to ship.
- Frame: Galv. Steel – 0.71inches outside diameter (1/2 inch)
- Center Height – 9′ 5″
- Number of struts – 165
- Number of strut Types – 5
- Floor Sq. Feet – 150
- Door strut height: 5′ 8″
Easy to Assemble Innovative design that allow you to construct it yourself, this saves you time and money. Can be assembled by one or two people in 1 day. Included are step by step assembly instructions, requires a wrench and pliers to assemble. Advantages Over Conventional Designs
- Strength: Geodesic domes gain great strength by distributing loading through all structural members. Also, their naturally rounded shape directs wind around them, and allows snow to slide off.
- Cost: Geodesic domes often have more than double or even triple the floor space of conventional rectangular designs, for around half the price
- Portability: The light weight and relatively short length of each frame strut allow any dome kit to be divided up into bundles of manageable weight.
- Versatility: Any geodesic dome kit can have many uses, and may be easily converted into a structure that suits a different application swimming pool cover in the winter and a greenhouse in the summer).
Shipping and Packaging The Geodesic Dome Greenhouse Lightweight construction means that all needed components for your Dome greenhouse will be shipped in 6 easy to handle cartons via UPS or FedEx Ground service! Flat Rate Shipping-$99.00 (does not include Alaska and HI. / International – please email for a quote. Options: – See Photos
- Fan and shutter Kit – see photos
- Polycarbonate / Solexx Covers – Call or email for a quote
IMPORTANT NOTES: Framework is custom made to order (15-20 Working Days for delivery) We also offer other sizes-coming soon! Need a certain size? We will be happy to custom quote any size up to 60ft. Modular Polycarbonate 6mm or 8mm Cover NOW AVAILABLE!. – please call for our new kit price. 800-853-0684 Does not include a finished door. NEW!! Insulated Fiberglass Doors Now Available! If you have any questions please give us a call 800-853-0684